Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloweeny

This year Zoey was a ladybug thanks to my mom for the shirt and pants which inspired it all. She was pretty darn cute if I do say so myself. We had fun at our ward halloween party on Fri. and then dressed up on Sat. too. We didn't go trick or treating which I was fine with but we did go and visit Andrew's grandma to show off Zoey's costume and we also went to Andrew's cousins for a relaxing halloween dinner/party. It was great to relax on halloween after the crazy church party. Not saying I don't like to party but one night was enough :) Enjoy the pictures.


I was a monarch butterfly. Very easy and fun. I think the wings turned out pretty cool.

Zoey with Grandma Higham. Grandma Higham actually won the costume contest the day before halloween at the senior living center where she lives. I was bummed we didn't get to see her in costume but we were told by the front desk that she was dressed as a man from the 1920's (Charlie Chaplin look). She apparently played the part as well and wouldn't tell anyone who she was. She didn't even let her husband accompany her so she could stay in her secret character. She's such a funny lady. We love her.

Face painting at the Halloween party.

Eating a powdered dohnut

These are the wings I made five minutes before the party. I used leftover scraps from my fabric box and hot glue. I think they turned out pretty good for how quickly I worked.


She won her only candy from this game. Two pieces :) I ate them :)

These are some goodies that Grammy gave Zoey. A pumpkin sippy and Bisquits pet and play halloween book. Thank you grammy!




We can't forget Andrew's costume. We couldn't figure out a good enough bug themed costume so he did what he knows best....painted his face and wore his trenchcoat :) He was going for a swamp monster....ahhH! Zoey watched him put the makeup on so she wasn't scared of him. I was surprised.


I didn't really give Zoey any halloween candy but she had found a lolipop at the party and I let her hold it. By the time we got home, I turned around to find this...it was a mess :(

Zoey with all the other bugs at the halloween party..pretty cute














1 comment:

Jake & Rachel said...

Cute ladybug!! And awesome monarch wings.