Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall Time = Craft Time

I've always enjoyed being crafty and making things. Andrew bought me a pretty nice sewing machine when we were first married and I have LOVED it. It is by far the best and most well used present I have ever received. As fall approached this year I definitely got the craft bug. I hadn't really done any crafts/sewing all summer so it was about time.

Here are a few things I've been up to...

This little dress used to be an ugly women's sweater I bought at DI. I got the idea to turn it into a girls sweater dress from here

I think it turned out pretty cute. The neck was a little hard to figure since I had to size it down quite a bit, but I'm not too picky when it means a new outfit for Zoey. It's perfect with the cold weather coming. Zoey's wardrobe isn't quite winter worthy. I also added those cute little rosettes that were SUPER easy with some scraps of the material.

One man's trash is another man's treasure :)

This idea also came from the same blog. As I was going through this blog I realized I had a trash sack full of unwanted knit shirts ready to go to the DI. I quickly changed my mind and made this skirt from a long sleeved pink shirt I hadn't worn in years. I love it. Zoey wears it with a white tee and white ruffle leggings or "leggins" as she calls them. In case you were wondering, that beautiful, rich spread the skirt is laying on just happens to be my new pottery barn duvet cover. LOVE it :)

I found this little project on the family fun website. Can you tell what they are :) (acorns...ahem) It's just donut holes with either frosting or peanut butter and then toffee bits on top. Easy shmeesy and cute. They had pretzel bits for their stems but all I could find was cinnamon toast crunch.

Last but not least is my beautiful fall wreath. I love seeing it every time I come home! I made it with almost entirely dollar store items. It cost about $8 but I had lots of left over materials. I got the idea for it here.

Anyways, sorry about the craft overload. There is much more to come :)
I just love the Holidays!

No comments: