Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

St. Patty's Day

St. Patrick's Day was fun this year. I forgot about it until halfway through the day. So I changed Zoey's and my clothes and Jane sported some cute green mary jane socks and a paci :) (below). Even Andrew dressed up although he says he didn't do it on purpose. For dinner we had green smoothies, green sugar snap peas, and Cajun chicken and tortellini's with roasted red pepper sauce. We also ate our food on green dishes and as Andrew would like to make fun, we even had green striped straws with our drinks :)


Zoey did like it even though the first bite may not seem too appetizing. She LOVED the smoothie the best.

Here's the meal. It was really good and healthy!

I was surprised at how much green food/dishes I had for not having anything green planned. I lucked out that the tortellini's were spinach and that I happened to buy the peas and that the only colored plates I had were green. The smoothie could have been done with spinach but I didn't have any so I threw in some food coloring. Anyways, it's always fun to have holidays to celebrate!

No comments: