Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Doctors Appt.

Today I visited the doctors....it went well. My group B was negative, good news. I guess everything else was fine too. My doctor said my baby is probably in the 6 pound range right now....then she checked my progress and realized the baby was REALLY low. This made her rethink her "guess" on the weight (meaning the baby's probably bigger than she thought). I wasn't surprised because this baby has definitely given me a lot more stretch marks than Zoey did. So, I'm thinking we'll have a cute little chubby baby. For those of you who don't know, Zoey was 7 lbs 1 oz when she was born three days late. She was only 18 inches long which made her just the right amount of chubbiness.....for about a week :) She thinned out fast and has been small ever since. It fits her perfectly to be little Zoey. Anyways, back to the appointment, while checking my progess she was surprised to see that I was already almost 2 cm dilated and 75% effaced (or thinned). That is good news. She said it would be a 50/50 chance that I make it to my next appointment....we'll see. I am still skeptical because Zoey was late and my family is known for delivering babies late. Either way, these last couple weeks are a waiting game. However, because the doctor thinks I will be delivering soon I decided it was time to get ready for baby. We bought diapers and I am starting to get a hospital bag ready. I also finally went through Zoey's old clothes and will be doing a load of laundry to get them all nice and smelling good. So, that's that.
I will be posting Christmas pictures sometime soon...

1 comment:

Polly said...

Very exciting. I can't wait to hear all the details when she arrives!!