Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Countdown begins :)

I guess it's about time to add a baby ticker to my blog :) I know a little late, but now it will go by so much quicker right? I will be 38 weeks the end of this week and that is so close! I hope she comes early for two reasons...1) so I don't have to be so impatient and 2) so my doctor can deliver her before she goes to Hawaii (3 days before my due date). We'll see. I was looking up info on what actually makes you go into labor and found that no one really knows. The most popular theory is that there is a hormone sent from either the baby's lungs or their brain telling your body it is ready to come. So, if that is true then the baby will come when she is good and ready and I am fine with that.
Some good news...I have found out a great trick for relieving the pain I get in my right ribs. After looking into it, I decided that my cartiledge in my ribs is inflamed. No matter where the baby is the pain stays the same and hurts! One night, it was so bad I couldn't fall asleep and Andrew looked up some info on it. He said I should try ice so he got me a bag of ice and it worked! Since then I haven't gone to bed without a bad of ice. I even use it during the day because it helps so much. It's instant relief for me. If you have the same problem try it!
Obviously I have this baby on my mind all the time...she moves lots and that's fun. I can't wait to meet her!

1 comment:

Polly said...

I agree, the baby will come when they want. Inducing is such a fad, and I think set up for the doctors convenience in most cases.
Good to know about the ice! How simple, and it works. Thanks for putting the baby count down device.
I knew something was missing. :)