Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tonight's Dinner

Chicken Tikka Masala-YUM!




Well, I normally don't post much about cooking but tonight's dinner convinced me I needed to share this little bit of heaven. It was SO good. This could be contributed to the fact that I've been horrible with making dinner lately or that I really hadn't eaten anything all day. However, it's the third or fourth time I've made it in the last few months and every time I have LOVED it.

It's an Indian dish called Chicken Tikka Masala. Don't let the name fool you, it's really quite simple to make and tastes even better. Zoey licked her bowl clean which is really saying a lot. It's also a pretty quick meal plus it's fairly healthy. If you like Indian food you will LOVE this meal. If you have never tried Indian food, now's the time. If you don't like Indian food, well that's just too bad :)

Recipe from SistersCafe

I made a few minor adjustments because I didn't have all the proper ingredients. I used normal white rice instead of the special basmati (I've used basmati before and it is yummy but normal rice works fine and is cheaper.) I also didn't have yogurt this time so I coated my chicken in sour cream as an experiment (it's close enough right?) but it turned out just as good. Basically I think the yogurt justs gives it a yummy creamy, moist taste and the sour cream did the same. Anyways, this stuff is plate licking good!

A word on the cooking technique for the chicken....it has you place the seasoned and coated chicken on a rack on top of a cookie sheet to catch drips (I used a cooling rack.) You place it about 10 inches below the broil coils and broil it for about 6 minutes on each side. This is the easiest and quickest way I've ever cooked chicken. It's really nice! I've boiled chicken, baked chicken, fried chicken, and grilled chicken but this way beats them all. It may not be the best for all types of chicken but I plan on using it more in the future.


No comments: